Summer is back and so is KGNU’s Summer Fund Drive
Wed, July 7 – Sun, July 11
It’s your invitation to show how much you love and appreciate community radio!
This drive features special music, news & public affairs programs, thank you gifts, and so much more!
Make a contribution to KGNU anytime now through July 11 at 11:00 a.m. MST and you will be automatically entered into a drawing to win a MoonShade portable awning for outdoor activities and a two-night stay at Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa in Moffat, Colorado. SOLR Members will be automatically entered in the drawing. Full drawing details.
[button color=”success” link=”https://give.kgnu.org/one-time-donation/” size=”large” icon_before=”fas fa-dollar-sign” target=”_self” block=”false”]Make A One Time Donation![/button]
[button color=”success” link=”https://give.kgnu.org/monthly/” size=”large” icon_before=”fas fa-dollar-sign” target=”_self” block=”false”]Become A Monthly SOLR Member[/button]
[button color=”success” link=”https://give.kgnu.org/solr/” size=”large” icon_before=”fas fa-thumbs-up” target=”_self” block=”false”]Upgrade my SOLR Membership[/button]
[button color=”royal” link=”http://www.kgnu.org/index.html” size=”default” icon_before=”fas fa-arrow-right” target=”_self” block=”false”]Continue to KGNU.org[/button]
[button color=”pearl” link=”http://www.radiorethink.com/tuner/?stationCode=kgnu” size=”default” icon_before=”fas fa-headphones” target=”_blank” block=”false”]Tune In[/button]
On Air Goal: $25,000
We have many audible treats during our Summer Drive. Don’t miss out on these one-of-a-kind music specials and interviews.
- Sat, Jul 10 at 06:00 AM – The Best Day of Radio on Earth!!
- Start your day with Honky Tonk Heroes, followed by Old Grass Gnu Grass, and stay with us for an afternoon of energetic, eclectic music from all over the world with Terrasonic, Reggae Bloodlines, African Roots, Sound Lab, The Grateful Dead Hour, Electronic Air, Under the Floorboards, and more!
- Sat, Jul 10 at 07:00 PM – Hawaiian Dreams: Tiki Time Happy Hour with Bob Cosmo on Sound Lab
- Kick back with a refreshing beverages and enjoy happy hour with Hawaiian music.
- Sun, Jul 11 at 07:00 AM – Summer Drive Special with Jamal Gilmore and Carl Amon on Gospel Chime
- Wake up with KGNU and enjoy a two hour journey through the roots of Gospel music and its contemporary forms and so much more!
- Sun, Jul 11 at 09:00 AM – Summer Drive Special with Mike Finn and Leland Rucker on Roots & Branches
- An exploration of all the trends of Americana and traditions of American Folk music and the new permutations of this genre as interpreted by modern artists.
[toggle title=”Earlier Drive Music Specials”]
- Wed, Jul 07 at 09:30 AM – VDSQ Label Special with Uncle Jeff and Cal Huss on Morning Sound Alternative
Dedicated to the VDSQ record label, an instrumental 21st Century guitar-based music label and member of the Black Editions Group, this music special will feature the sounds of advanced acoustic guitar recordings and more.
- Wed, Jul 07 at 12:06 PM – Peter Gabriel Special with Michael Buck and Sam Fuqua on Afternoon Sound Alternative
Featuring the life and music of the musician, singer, songwriter, record producer and activist Peter Gabriel – from progressive rock and pop to experimental and world beats.
- Thu, Jul 08 at 09:30 AM – Colorado Music & Concert Hall of Fame with Doug Gertner and Paul Epstein on Morning Sound Alternative
Colorado is a vortex of great music with a legacy of amazing musicians and a long history of legendary live shows. Join Doug and Paul Epstein, owner of Twist and Shout Records, for a deep dive into some of their favorite concerts and musicians that they’ve seen over the years.
- Thu, Jul 08 at 12:06 PM – It’s All in the Name: Summer Vibes with Iris Berkley and Indra Raj on Afternoon Sound Alternative
Kick back and enjoy the sounds of the season. This music special will explore the songs and albums named after our favorite season: summer!
- Thu, Jul 08 at 07:00 PM – Folk Ragtime with Jack Rummel and Sanford Baran on Ragtime America
A special focused on the folk Ragtime tradition.
News and Public Affairs Specials
- Wed, Jul 07 at 08:30 AM – A conversation with Dr. Marc Bubbs about his book “Peak 40: The New Science of Mid-Life Health for a Leaner, Stronger Body and a Sharper Mind” with Shannon Young and guests on A Public Affair
- A conversation with Dr. Marc Bubbs about his book “Peak 40: The New Science of Mid-Life Health for a Leaner, Stronger Body and a Sharper Mind.” Dr. Bubbs will discuss his holistic approach to navigating the mid-life storm, including creating a customized plan for diet, sleep, mindset, and more.
- Wed, Jul 07 at 06:00 PM – Michael Eric Dyson on “Chaos or Community?” with David Barsamian on Alternative Radio
- Join David Barsamian, host of Alternative Radio, for an in-depth conversation with Michael Eric Dyson, a globally renowned scholar of race, religion and contemporary culture. Dyson discusses patriarchy and toxic masculinity, especially within our own communities, as they are obscuring the conversations we need to be having.
- Thu, Jul 08 at 08:30 AM – Bumper Edition of Radio Nibbles with John Lehndorff on A Public Affair
- Calling all foodies! Join longtime food writer John Lehndorff for a special edition of Radio Nibbles. We’ll be offering special foodie thank you gifts and more!
- Thu, Jul 08 at 03:00 PM – A conversation with Roger Briggs, author of “Emerging World: The Evolution of Consciousness and the Future of Humanity” with Dave Ashton on Metro
- Author Roger Briggs discusses his new book “Emerging World: The Evolution of Consciousness and the Future of Humanity.” In the book, Briggs brings together knowledge from paleoanthropology, cultural philosophy, cognitive psychology, and evolutionary theory, to make the case that humanity is now on the verge of a major transformation.
- Thu, Jul 08 at 06:00 PM – A conversation with Colin Jerolmack, author of “Up to Heaven and Down to Hell: Fracking, Freedom, and Community in an American Town” with Liz Lane on It’s the Economy
- NYU Professor of Sociology and Environmental Studies, Colin Jerolmack discusses his new book “Up to Heaven and Down to Hell: Fracking, Freedom and Community in an American Town.” Jerolmack spent eight months living with rural communities, in order to reveal in his book the tensions that cause irreparable harm to neighbors and to communal resources like air and water, and even to oneself.
- Fri, Jul 09 at 08:30 AM – Decolonizing Israel with Joel Edelstein on Connections
- Joel Edelstein will be joined by two guests, Sally Abed, a Palestinian-Israeli, who will discuss her work to organize Palestinian and Israeli communities to fight for Palestinian rights in Israel and Dr. Jeff Halper, who will discuss his new book “Decolonizing Israel, Liberating Palestine: Zionism, Settler Colonialism, and the Case for One Democratic State.” From their respective homes in Israel-Palestine, Sally and Jeff will answer listener questions.
- Fri, Jul 09 at 09:30 AM – Friday MSA with Meredith with Meredith Carson and Verity Matthews on Morning Sound Alternative
- Friday Mornings on KGNU with longtime DJ Meredith Carson has become a staple and favorite of so many listener-members.
- Fri, Jul 09 at 06:00 PM – Blues Legacy Extravaganza with Sandman, Big Daddy, Major Lance and Brother Louie on Blues Legacy
- “This is going to be a hot one,” said Denver KGNU Studio Manager Dave Ashton after finding out the rumor had become reality. “Those guys are wild,” KGNU Music Director Indra Raj remarked, “but it will be a fun-filled show.”
- Fri, Jul 09 at 09:00 PM – Funky On-Air Block Party with Patrick Mendoza on Dusty Grooves
- Get ready to dance and groove during this Friday night block party exploring classic Funk and Soul music from the 60’s and 70’s, as well as new recordings steeped in the tradition of that era.
Thank You Gifts
Featured Thank You Give – Blue Bandanas! Available for a $60 donation.
We have some favorite KGNU t-shirt designs as well, available for an $88.50 donation.
Please indicate your selection along with size & style as appropriate in the thank you gift area on your donation form. Quantities limited.